Position Title: Lead Maintenance
Reports To: Property Manager
Supervises: Assistant Lead Maintenance
I. Position Summary
- Prompt and courteous handling of all resident service requests.
- Maintenance of vacant apartments according to schedule.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of parts and supplies.
- Set up and implement preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of safe working conditions.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and safe workshop and storage areas.
II. Site Specific Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair all heating and air conditioning equipment such as coils, fans, blowers, controls, thermostats, compressors, condensers, etc.
- Maintain and repair electrical panels and protective wiring including all property lighting.
- Maintain and repair tools and equipment.
- Maintain and repair appliances.
- Maintain and repair general plumbing.
- Perform general carpentry repairs.
- Dispose of litter and debris whenever encountered.
- Repair or replace electric motors, controls, and auxiliary equipment.
- Repair and maintain central air conditioning equipment including draining, cleaning and filling cooling towers, pumps, fans and controls.
- Maintain, repair, or replace air conditioning compressors.
- Other duties as outlined by the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor or the Regional Manager.
- Comply with all state and federal regulations relating to waste disposal, hazardous chemical labeling and handling, etc.
- Full-time maintenance experience or experience in related field.
- Ability to work with persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds to understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Concern for a work-safety program.
- Formal training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, HVAC.
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance, i.e., janitorial, custodial, gardening, painting, etc.