Assistant Lead Maintenance
Position Title: Assistant Lead Maintenance
Reports To: Lead Maintenance Manager
I. Position Summary
- Assist in the prompt and courteous handling of all resident service requests.
- Assist in the maintenance of vacant apartments according to schedule.
- Assist in maintaining an adequate inventory of parts and supplies.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of safe working conditions.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and safe workshop and storage areas.
II. Site Specific Responsibilities
- Assist in the maintenance and repair all heating and air conditioning equipment such as coils, fans, blowers, controls, thermostats, compressors, condensers, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair electrical panels and protective wiring including all property lighting.
- Maintain and repair tools and equipment, and appliances.
- Perform general carpentry and plumbing repairs.
- Dispose of litter and debris whenever encountered.
- Other duties as outlined by the Property Manager, Lead Maintenance, Maintenance Supervisor or the Regional Manager.
- Comply with all state and federal regulations relating to waste disposal, hazardous chemical labeling and handling, etc.
- Maintenance experience or experience in related field.
- Ability to work with persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds to understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Concern for a work-safety program.
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance, i.e., janitorial, custodial, gardening, painting, etc.